Please take a few minutes and review the policy. If you have any questions, please contact us. If you do not accept this revised policy, LocalGarageSales.org may not be able to provide you with our service. Accordingly, you may close your account here.
If you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to LocalGarageSales.org collection, use, disclosure of your personal information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in Canada and in the United States. LocalGarageSales.org collects and stores the following personal information:
* email address, phone numbers, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information (including credit card and billing information);
* computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from LocalGarageSales.org and ad data (all through cookies – you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
* other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
LocalGarageSales.org uses users’ personal information to:
* provide our services;
* resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
* enforce our policies;
* customize, measure, and improve user experience and our services, content, and advertising;
* deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers to you according to your preferences;
* do other things for users as described when LocalGarageSales.org collects the information.
LocalGarageSales.org doesn’t sell or rent users’ personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users explicit consent. LocalGarageSales.org may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other’s rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. LocalGarageSales.org may also share personal information with:
* corporate affiliates who help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services. (Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who ask them to).
* service providers who help with our business operations.
* third-party websites and publishers so ads (or the content of the ads) published on LocalGarageSales.org can also be published on a broader array of venues or information vehicles.
Registration and sharing through third-party services.
LocalGarageSales.org may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into LocalGarageSales.org. With your permission, LocalGarageSales.org may also transfer to LocalGarageSales.org profile information contained in your third-party profile. LocalGarageSales.org may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites. If you wish to discontinue you such sharing, you will be able to do so through your preference page.
Communications and email tools.
Access, Modification, and Deletion.
You can see, modify or erase most of your personal information by reviewing and modifying your posting or account status page, by signing on to LocalGarageSales.org or by contacting customer support to review any personal information LocalGarageSales.org stores that is not available on LocalGarageSales.org. There may be a charge associated with such requests but these will not exceed the amounts permitted by law. LocalGarageSales.org deletes personal information when LocalGarageSales.org no longer needs it for the purposes we described earlier. LocalGarageSales.org retains personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies; and prevent bad guys from coming back. If you have further questions, you can write to the Data Controller:
130 Livignston Ave, Unit 13
Grimsby, Ontario L3M4W5 Canada
or you may contact customer support.
LocalGarageSales.org uses lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing’s perfect, so LocalGarageSales.org makes no guarantees.
LocalGarageSales.org or our service providers may use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
* You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
For more information on your choices about accepting cookies, consult your browser help function.
LocalGarageSales.org sometimes works with service providers who may place cookies on your computer to serve and measure the effectiveness of ads on our or our advertising partners’ behalf and collect anonymous information about how you use websites owned by LocalGarageSales.org. This information allows them to help us customize our content and advertising. LocalGarageSales.org does not allow these companies to collect any personal information about you using these cookies.
LocalGarageSales.org may update this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. If LocalGarageSales.org is involved in a merger or acquisition, LocalGarageSales.org may share personal information with another company, but this policy will continue to apply.
Send questions about this policy to customer support.